Thursday, October 11, 2007

Week 6: Favorite Psalms

First and Last Verses

These six psalms were read on Wednesday night. Re-read one psalm in its entirety each day this week. Allow the rich language to enhance your own intimate communication to God and from God.

Psalm 23, Thursday, Oct. 11
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 51, Friday, Oct. 12
1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
9 Then there will be righteous sacrifices; whole burnt offerings to delight you; then bulls will be offered on your altar.

Psalm 63, Saturday, Oct. 13
1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
11 But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God’s name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

Psalm 71, Sunday, Oct. 14
1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.
24 My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long,
for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.

Psalm 131, Monday, Oct. 15
1 My heart is not proud, O LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.
3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, both now and forevermore.

Psalm 139, Tuesday, Oct. 16
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

0 comments: