Thursday, November 02, 2006

From One Worshiper to Another

On this last night of our nine weeks of gathering together as an all-volunteer community of worshipers, I need to tell you something.

I worship the Lord and I need the Lord—but I also need YOU. Through your own worship and need of the Lord, you enhance and clarify his presence to me.

Through you, I’ve seen more of Jehovah these past nine Wednesdays. He’s been all over your face as you’ve sung praises to him with the totality of your voice and heart.

I’ve beheld his passionate grace for us through your stirring conversations with him.

I’ve heard him in your readings as you’ve put voice to his holy words with your personal emphases and accentuations.

I’ve been touched by his Spirit through your enthusiasm, sensing his movement unquestionably among us.

I’ve felt his heart beat through the music you’ve loaned us, music that’s moved you to worship and thus influenced me to expand my own experience.

This class has not been for spectators. Through mutual participation of our public yet personal worship, you’ve helped me turn my face towards his for this sweet hour together, as we’ve lived out our purposeful design of honoring our Creator.

So as I praise the Master tonight for his worthiness, now and forever, I also praise him for you. Thank you for sharing your worship of the Almighty with all of us. I have been blessed from your overflow.

To God be the glory!

Good night,
Lisa

0 comments: