Thursday, October 05, 2006

Excerpts from the Worship Blog

Grace is complex yet simple…Although I tell Him how thankful I am every day, believe me, I welcome the opportunity to tell Him one day face to face.
* * *
I don't really have a "favorite" name of God…I just like that He has so many! He's so…BIG that one name isn't enough- he needs a whole bunch.
* * *
Many have influenced my Christian walk: Sandra, Sharon,..
* * *
My favorite name of God is "The Creator"…has all the elements of an ambitious talented entity. It brings together nature and the arts. Just look around. God's creativity is everywhere.
* * *
We were asked last week to think of a quality of God. I thought a lot about the sovereignty of God…. I read this article today…an example of a complete trust in our God, El Shaddai (God Almighty)!
* * *
To humble ourselves before God without reservation, this is the goal and struggle of worship.
* * *
Alive..approved..built up ..chosen..standing firm..in Christ.
* * *
When I hear the word "worship" I think about the word "freedom".
* * *
There were improvements in strength and stamina…but also spiritual growth that come from spending time together on a consistent basis.
* * *
Sitting alone in the swing, Grandpa’s old hands open a tattered shape note songbook. “When I look down from lofty mountain’s grandeur… Then sings my soul, my Savoir, God to Thee…” It is his time of worship and thanks to Abba.
* * *
It really felt like I was looking right into the face of Jesus. It was one of those moments that should never have to end!
* * *
When we get those occasional glimpses into what it really means to know the Creator of the universe, (what we really have in Christ right this very minute!) the only appropriate response is thankful worship.
* * *
No matter what is going on in my life and no matter how bad things seem, there is only one answer --GOD!!!
* * *

0 comments: